[mob4glob] WANTED: SK Peeps for Deep Green Resistance in Edmonton w/ Derrick Jensen - March 1 Registration Deadline!!

Announcements List for U of S Mobilization For Global Justice Club mob4glob at turning.ca
Thu Feb 25 20:20:55 CST 2010

Do you want to be trained in Deep Green Resistance?

A callout has been sent for a solid group of folks from the 306 to
attend the Deep Green Resistance training in Edmonton, Alberta on March
26-28th that will be facilitated by Derrick Jensen
(http://www.derrickjensen.org) and his friends, Lierre Keith (http://www.lierrekeith.com) and Aric MacBay (http://www.inthewake.org).

It's expensive... but if we carpool and billet we can keep costs
minimal. By participating in this training together we create a network
of trainers in Saskatchewan to share the ideas and skills of Deep Green
Resistance in our communities.

What is the Deep Green Resistance training?

The Deep Green Resistance training is an interactive 3 day workshop for
activists, change-makers, and other concerned or inspired folks who are
interested in delving into some critical reflection on the state of the
world and our role in fixing it. Topics will include:

-Building It Up: A Culture of Resistance

-Organizing the Resistance

-Bringing It Down: Bottlenecks and Levers

-Liberal vs Radical: Some Conceptual Basics

-Fighting Future Fascism

-Security Culture

-Q & A with Derrick, Lierre, and Aric

Why is Deep Green Resistance training important?

We live in the most destructive culture to ever exist, yet does our
activism reflect that? If we really accept the seriousness of the
situation, what would that mean for our strategy and tactics? How do we
build up a culture of resistance? These are some of the deep questions
that will be explored over the weekend, while we build on our skills to
continue doing good works for sustainability and justice.

Why attend this Deep Green Resistance training?

By participating in this training workshop we will be building on the
grassroots community that is already coming together, building on our
network and strengthening our skills to bring about the changes we need
to see. By creating a network of trained folks from across the prairies
we will be able to share the ideas and skills of Deep Green Resistance
in our communities.

What is the cost?

The total cost to bring the training to Edmonton is around $12,000.
Currently, the idea is that if we can get 50 people registered, at a
sliding scale going up from $200 each for the weekend (with some
Alberta Public Interest Research Group subsidies available), by March
1st, the training will go ahead. So please register ASAP! Billets are
available in Edmonton, as well as carpools for folks coming from
Saskatoon, Regina, and other locales to further cut down on costs.

Want to register?

E-mail lierrekeith at yahoo.com and let her know your name, address and
phone number. You can pay via paypal made out to
derrick at derrickjensen.org or e-mail Lierre to make other arrangements
(lierrekeith at yahoo.com).

Want to sponsor?

Event organizers are still looking for people or organizations who can
donate money free and clear of this however, so that we can either go
ahead with less participants, or offer lowered fees. Right now $200 is
the lowest we can afford as the workshop cannot take more than 50
participants. Can you or your organization provide some funding to
support the training? Whether through direct donation or subsidized
assistance for attendees? Check out the link here: http://www.rageedm.com/wordpress/

Want to support?

Pass this message onto all folks and lists you think would be
interested in attending or supporting this rad training! And invite
your friends to the event page:

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=249427775767